Shadow in the Sky
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ====== Siraj Talal, level 1 Human, Wizard Build: War Wizard Arcane Implement Mastery: Staff of Defense Background: Arcane Tracker (+2 to Dungeoneering)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 8.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8.
AC: 18 Fort: 11 Reflex: 16 Will: 15 HP: 21 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5
TRAINED SKILLS Dungeoneering +9, Arcana +10, Insight +7, History +10, Religion +10
UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Endurance, Heal +2, Intimidate -1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery, Athletics
FEATS Wizard: Ritual Caster Human: Superior Implement Training (Accurate staff) Level 1: Armor Proficiency (Leather)
POWERS Bonus At-Will Power: Scorching Burst Wizard at-will 1: Ray of Frost Wizard at-will 1: Magic Missile Wizard encounter 1: Force Orb Wizard daily 1: Sleep Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Wizard’s Fury
ITEMS Cyphermage Spellbook, Leather Armor, Sword of Su’ud, Backpack (empty), Ritual Book RITUALS Amanuensis, Make Whole, Silence ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
- Siraj comes from a long line of Cyphermages. He spent many of his growing years listening to his father, Hamzah, speak of ancient Varisia. (Think the relationship between Indiana Jones and his father in Indy 3). He can call to memory many Varisian parables, legends, and the history of the Order on command, skills brought about through constant, repetitive memory drills.
- Siraj is trained in the “Tenets of Su’ud”, in short, the skills required to make a traveling historian and hunter of Varisian antiquity. Those trained in these arts are referred to as “Disciples of Su’ud”. These traveling historians were plentiful in the past, but Hamzah is one of the last formally trained by the Order. Most Cyphermages these days are wandering hedge wizards that decided to throw in with the Order after training someplace other than Riddleport. The services of the Disciples are in high demand, although with so few left, some have lost their way and sell their treasure hunting services to the highest bidder instead of using their skills for the betterment of the Order of Cyphers.
- Siraj, having been sheltered many of his growing years, tends to believe the best in people, and as such, has on occasion wandered into danger in social settings assuming he was perfectly safe. He’s learned to lean on his best friend Crowe’s intuition rather than his own and trusts his judgment implicitly. Once inside a dungeon or other such place, his personality transforms however, and he becomes confident, daring, and openly takes charge of a group.
- Siraj does not dress like a “typical” Cyphermage, and does what he can to avoid being identified as such, as he prefers to not draw attention to himself given the Order’s reputation outside of its walls. He can most often be found in rugged adventuring clothing with many pockets. He is rarely if ever found without a similarly rugged hooded cloak.
- Siraj takes his position as a Disciple of Su’ud very seriously. Although he’s been successful finding several interesting Varisian pieces, he has yet to make that “great find”. He hopes his time on board ENTER SHIP NAME will change his fortunes.